SOAR FUNDAMENTALS: ASSISTING PEOPLE APPLYING for SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY BENEFITS
SOAR Fundamentals Training: A 2 day training
Assisting People Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits
What will I learn?
- In-depth, step-by-step explanation of the Social Security disability application and disability determination process
- How to use the SOAR process to effectively complete an application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Strategies for working with homeless persons with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders – only a fraction of this population receives the benefits to which they are entitled
- Practical application tools by completing exercises and worksheets
Who should attend?
- Case managers, Outreach workers, PATH providers, and advocates who assist or will assist individuals throughout the disability application process
- Anyone who completed SOAR training and would like a refresher
Questions? If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about registration or payment? If you have any questions about registration or payment, please send an email to Michele at email@example.com
Hearth Partner registrations are for partner agencies of Hearth Connection who have a code to use for registration.