The technical assistance includes two major strategies:
Supporting direct service providers
We help providers build the knowledge and capacity needed to successfully implement services and meet the needs of the people they serve. If you are an enrolled Housing Stabilization Services provider, interested in enrolling, or just curious if Housing Stabilization Services is right for your agency, get connected by completing our provider survey.
Supporting community-wide systems planning
We help local communities and tribes create a vision for successful integration of Housing Stabilization Services within a region’s homeless response system and develop a plan to achieve their goals. Areas of support include:
- Getting started: development of easy-to-understand materials on Housing Stabilization Services requirements and how providers and communities can begin to prepare for implementation
- Outreach to housing and homeless service providers and other key stakeholders emphasizing the potential positive impact of Housing Stabilization Services necessary
- Facilitation of community meetings with the purpose of creating a vision for successful integration of Housing Stabilization Services within a region’s homeless response system
- Assessment of community capacity and needs with a plan for improvement
- Systems/person-centered process mapping and initial networking development
- Click HERE to sign up for our Listserv.
Specific policy questions about the new benefit should be directed to the Housing Division at the Department of Human Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the HSSTA Team at email@example.com