Technical Assistance for Supportive Housing and other direct service providers
Supporting direct service providers
We help providers build the knowledge and capacity needed to successfully implement services and meet the needs of the people they serve. Our team is offering virtual trainings and events, tools and templates for your agency and agency specific technical assistance. Check out our web site regularly to see what is offered and reach out via the HSS-TATEAM@mesh-mn.org email to request what support will best help your agency make this transition. Our team is looking forward to a collaborative process with agencies that meets their unique needs
Supporting community-wide systems planning
We help local communities and tribes create a vision for successful integration of Housing Stabilization Services within a region’s homeless response system and develop a plan to achieve their goals. Areas of support include:
- Getting started: development of easy-to-understand materials on Housing Stabilization Services requirements and how providers and communities can begin to prepare for implementation
- Outreach to housing and homeless service providers and other key stakeholders emphasizing the potential positive impact of Housing Stabilization Services necessary
- Facilitation of community meetings with the purpose of creating a vision for successful integration of Housing Stabilization Services within a region’s homeless response system
- Assessment of community capacity and needs with a plan for improvement
- Systems/person-centered process mapping and initial networking development
- Click HERE to sign up for our Listserv.
Specific policy questions about the new benefit should be directed to the Housing Division at the Department of Human Services at email@example.com.
Questions? Email the HSSTA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org