Ending homelessness requires a workforce that is equipped with the knowledge, skills and tools to best serve people experiencing homeless, this is why MESH is committed to training.
MESH has two primary training series that we offer:
Homelessness 101: A series of trainings covering essential material needed for working in homelessness & supportive housing. Best suited for staff who are newer to the field or staff looking for refreshers on best practices. Offered quarterly.
Homelessness 201: A series offering content targeted to supportive housing and homeless service provides that will equip with new skills and new resources to better serve homeless households. Offered at least monthly.
MESH Training Values:
- We believe that housing is a human right.
- We value and honor the dignity and worth of all people.
- We seek to use language and create content that is inclusive of everyone
- We value and strive to create learning environments that honor life experiences, professional and formal learning.
- We are committed to racial equity and actively promote content and conversations that address individual and systemic racism.
MESH Training Goals:
Short Term Goals:
- Accessible trainings for all who work in Housing/Shelter
- Connecting Housing/Shelter Staff to one another and to Statewide efforts to end homelessness
- Increased staff retention in Housing/Shelter programs
- Increased networking & collaboration across the field
- Identify emerging leaders in the field
Long Term Goal:
- Having been served at the highest level, households facing housing instability and homelessness obtain and retain housing stability as quickly and effective as possible.
Looking for Trainings related to housing and homelessness in Minnesota? Check out “The Hub!”
We offer scholarships – check it out!
Have questions related to MESH Trainings?
Contact Michele, Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org