Foundations of Anti-Racism (3 months intensive)
A 3-month intensive program designed to deepen your understanding of race and racism so you can grow from bystander to change-maker.
About this event
Following the murder of George Floyd and subsequent worldwide protests, the U.S. witnessed an influx of commitments to anti-racism. However, despite an abundance of online reading lists, we have only scratched the surface when it comes to making the kind of change we all want to see when it comes to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). You might even be wondering, what’s next? What can you as an individual do to combat such large and deep-seated histories of racism and oppression?
With this need in mind, Stanton Adams and the Diversity Institute launches “Foundations of Anti-Racism” (formerly known as the “Racial Healing Dialogue Series”). After 10 years of experience guiding individuals on their journey towards equity and inclusion, we’ve designed a 3-months intensive program to deepen your understanding of race and racism so you can grow from bystander to change-maker.
The program will combine an online learning platform with four (4) live Zoom sessions to support you on your personal and emotional journey towards racial healing.
The live Zoom sessions will occur from 6pm-8pm CST on the following days*:
Sept. 8th – Exploring Racial Identity: Yours and Others
Sept. 29th – Five Critical Steps on Your Journey
Oct. 20th – Race & Resilience
Nov. 10th – How to Really Be A Racial Ally
*This program is designed to build upon itself throughout the 3 months, and the full-cohort live Zoom calls are an integral part of this process. Please make sure you are able to attend all of the Zoom sessions prior to registration.
Payment options: If you are in need of an invoice or other payment structure, please email email@example.com.
This program is perfect for you if:
- You’re a working professional hoping to gain knowledge, skills, and practical techniques to increase your cultural competency.
- You’re someone who has a personal commitment to anti-racism and you’re looking for a program to guide you on this journey.
- You want to start or make a career change to become as a Diversity practitioner.
- You want to be part of a cohort committed to lasting systemic change.
Because race and racism impacts us all (albeit in very different ways), we’ve designed our foundations program around the concept of racial healing as described in “The Racial Healing Handbook” by Anneliese A. Singh.
What you’ll get:
- A highly interactive 3-month learning journey with direct support and communication with Stanton Adams instructors to guide you along the way.
- Four (4) live Zoom sessions designed to deepen your understanding of race, racism, and internalized bias. We’ll cover a range of topics relevant to your own racial healing journey so you can better identify bias when it shows up in your workplace and broader community. By the end of this program, you will have the tools to mitigate where bias shows up in your actions, empowering you to be an active agent of change.
- Access to an online course platform filled with journal prompts, experiential exercises, and Stanton Adams instructor support.
- Three (3) months of downloadable worksheets and resources to help guide you through the program, deepen your understanding, and integrate what you’ve learned into your work and daily life.
- A curated and customized list of educational materials including case studies, interviews, and inspirational stories.
- Peer to peer working groups and networking opportunities with Diversity Champions across a range of fields and backgrounds.
- One year of access to all course materials and a 10% discount to future Stanton Adams and the Diversity Institute courses.
- A certificate of completion to fill gaps in your resume and aid in the advancement of your career.
Get more information and register HERE.